Brides-to-be, Mothers-of-the-Bride and steadfast Bridesmaids all flocked to The Merrion hotel last weekend for the wedding event of the year – the annual The Gloss Magazine Wedding Salon!
No other wedding event brings together the crème de la crème of the wedding industry, arming brides-to-be with all the knowledge they need to know for their big day. We were lucky to pick up some great advice from these industry experts and if you’re in the middle of planning your nuptials, or know someone who is, here are some insider tips you need to know!
1. Planning and Prep – Wedding Planner Extraordinaire Tara Faye had some quality words of wisdom when it comes to organising your big day – “Don’t agonise, organise!”
2. The Dress – A top tip from Sarah Kate Mc Caughey, Bridal Expert at Louise Kennedy is to buy your wedding underwear the day you choose your dress and bring it with you for every dress fitting for a seamless end result!
3. For the groom – According to Brown Thomas Personal Shopper Michelle Curtin, groomswear is all about ‘blue black’ shades, made popular by Coco Channel!
4. Bridal Beauty – Prep your skin in the lead up to your big day with La Prairie Anti-Aging Day Cream – no day should go by without it according to Nicole Lynch, Brown Thomas Beauty Stylist!
5. Say it with Flowers – Ruth Monaghan of Appassionata Flowers advised brides to keep things seasonal when choosing your blooms to avoid unnecessary hassle.
6. Wedding food – Mirroring Ruth’s floral tip above, Executive Chef at The Merrion hotel Ed Cooney advises to keep to seasonal foods and not to let anyone influence your menu choice, after all it is the bride & groom’s day.
7. The icing on the cake – To the wedding soiree, we all need a showstopping cake! Paul Kelly, The Merrion’s Executive Pastry Chef and Great Irish Bake-Off Judge, showcased this year’s most popular cake, ‘The Naked Cake’, which has no icing, showing the inner layers of sponge cake and jam. Naked Cakes are great for those who prefer a more rustic feel, and they give you the chance to be more creative with cake decoration – think fresh flowers, mounds of fresh fruit and even bunting!
Head over to Gloss.ie for all the pictures from the event!